Client: Bendigo Health
Location: Bendigo Health Hospital, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Industry: Mining & Medical
Products: Hoshizaki DCM-60 Cubelet Ice Dispensers - multiple
With over 3,000 staff and covering an area a quarter the size of Victoria, Bendigo Health is a 678 bed service that treats over 34,000 in-patients, deals with over 42,000 emergency attendances and 1,100 babies are born each year. These services are complemented by a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, eight bed critical care unit and five operating theatres where around 10,000 surgical procedures are performed annually.
The organisation provides services in emergency, maternity, women's health, medical imaging, pathology, rehabilitation, community services, residential aged care, psyhiatric care, community dental, hospice, palliative care, cardiology, cancer services and renal dialysis to the people of the Loddon Mallee region.
Bendigo Health had a requirement for a hygienic, sanitary, closed system for production and dispense of ice and chilled water.
- Hoshizaki DCM-60 counter top Ice & Water Dispenser unit which is totally sealed from potential external contamination for hygiene.
- Produces up to 50kgs of Cubelet ice per day.
- Option to dispense water, ice or water and ice in pre-programmed portion control.
- Endless supply of cold filtered water.
"The Hoshizaki DCM60's are extremely reliable and easy to use and well utilised by our patients and visitors." Susan Tomlinson, Nurse Unit Manager
- Easily chewable Cubelet ice which is ideal for patient recovery and palliative care as they are less likely to be a choking hazard.
- Hands free dispense from a closed sealed system
- Superior solution to an ice machine with open access to the bin and use of a scoop which is unsanitary.
"The Hoshizaki Ice Dispensers are extremely well built and provide a quality ice product that is free from possible contaminants." Paul Bateman, Food Service Manager